What’s it all about?
The Wickham Village Team has been set up to enhance all aspects of village life. Through improved communication and cohesion among different groups, we aim to engage the whole community in the wide variety of local events already taking place and seek opportunities to develop new ones.
Wickham Village Team comprises 8 Core Member Organisations, and we are hoping to bring on board another 9 Associate Member Organisations. We are also looking for individuals who may be interested to get involved with the work of the Team.
Our Core Member Organisations:
- Wickham Community Association
- Wickham Society
- Wickham Chamber of Trade
- Wickham Parish Council
- Winchester City Council
- Wickham Residents Association
- Wickham History Society
- Wickham Religious Communities
Our concrete aims…
- Increase awareness of village events and activities as well as the local groups which organise them.
- Engage local people, particularly newcomers, in the activities of the Village Team, developing volunteer resources in the process.
- Further encourage loyalty among local people towards using their local shops and services, while at the same time inspiring high visitor levels.
- Enhance residents’ understanding of local history.
- Ensure that all activities developed to achieve the above objectives are inclusive to all, catering for the wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds in Wickham.
Do you love Wickham village? Then get involved!
There are many different ways in which you could get involved with the Village Team. Here are a few ideas:
- Help generate ideas for new events and projects
- Share information on local events and groups with friends, family and neighbours
- Be part of an event organising team
- Help on event days with things like setting up gazebos, stewarding and clearing away
- Help with publicity of the group and its activities
If you would like to get involved, or would just like to know a little bit more about the Team, you can do one of the following:
Come along to a meeting
Our meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 6pm, generally at the skittle alley at the King’s Head unless otherwise stated. They generally last around an hour, so pop in and see what we’re up to.
Upcoming meeting dates: